[Castor-users] CASToR Binary Datafile

M.R Teimoori reza.teimoori.s at gmail.com
Tue Apr 11 00:46:01 CEST 2017

Hello Castor Users,

I was wondering if someone could explain how one can form a binary datafile
for a PET scanner. Let's assume an extensively simple case in which I have
a simple single-ring PET scanner which recorded only one coincidence
between crystals number 10 and 200 at time t=1 s. The scanner has already
defined properly and a crystal look-up table has been created for this
scanner. Now, I want to create a binary datafile for the one recorded
coincidence without any info on attenuation, scatter or random correction.
How can this coincidence in the mentioned PET scanner be defined using
little endian encoding? Can somebody please walk me through the steps?

Thank you for your help in advance!

Cheers,
Reza