[Castor-users] TR: SPECT reading Interfile

COMTAT Claude claude.comtat at cea.fr
Tue Apr 25 10:11:43 CEST 2017

Dear Michael,

radial : I

axial : J

azimuthal : K

You should not store your projection data as it is usually done :

  for (k=0 ;k<K ;k++) for (j=0 ;j<J ;j++) for (i=0 ;i<I ;i++) fwrite(Mat(i,j,k));

and then perform an OSEM reconstruction. In CASToR, there is no assumption at all about the organization of the data. The code will read sequentially the data : if there are N subsets, first subset will contain Mat(i=0,j=0,k=0), Mat(i=N,j=0,k=0), Mat (i=2*N,j=0,k=0), … and the resulting subsets will not be well balanced.

You can rather write your matrix as :

  for (j=0 ;j<J ;j++) for (i=0 ;i<I ;i++) for (k=0 ;k<K ;k++)  fwrite(Mat(i,j,k)) ;

Then, first subset will contain Mat(i=0,j=0,k=0), Mat(i=0,j=0,k=N), Mat(i=0,j=0,k=2*N), … and the resulting subsets will be better balanced.

I did not get your figure 9.

Best,

Claude