[Castor-users] few questions about castor

Simon Stute simon.stute at cea.fr
Wed Jun 20 17:54:56 CEST 2018

Hi Emanuele,

I have two comments in addition.

First, I strongly suggest to compile CASToR with multi-threading support
(with CASTOR_OMP, see the documentation). Then you can use the option
"-th 0" to tell CASToR to use as many cores as available in your
computer, so a good improvement !

Second, beware of the gaussian filter parameterization ! When you set
"gaussian,0.7,0.7,1.::psf", I suppose that you expect a gaussian with
0.7 FWHM in X, 0.7 in Y and 1 in Z. So then you should use
"gaussian,0.7,1.,3.::psf", because the first parameter is for transaxial
FWHM (so both for X and Y), the second parameter is for axial FWHM, and
the third parameter is the number of sigmas of the gaussian filter that
are kept into the integral of it in the convolution kernel. For the
latter, we suggest 3 sigmas.

Cheers
Simon