[Castor-users] CASToR requirement: ROOT version

Maxime Toussaint maxime.toussaint at usherbrooke.ca
Tue Mar 27 00:09:19 CEST 2018

Hello,

Is there a version requirement for ROOT when using CASToR? We have a
Gate 7.0 installation, which require a ROOT v5.XX , and I had installed
the latest one (v6.YY) for my CASToR installation. It is difficult to
make libraries of two version of ROOT co-exist: I need to execute the
"thisroot.sh" of the ROOT linked to the program before using it (v5.XX
for Gate 7.0 and v6.YY for CASToR). While it does seems to work, I fear
that it might not when I start doing simulation and reconstruction at
the same time.

Have a nice day,
Maxime Toussaint