[Castor-users] GATE projections to Castor Format, to perform scatter correction

STUTE Simon simon.stute at cea.fr
Tue May 22 15:00:13 CEST 2018

Hi João,

I do not have time to look at your program that build the CDF.

However, you say you can't find how to write the binary datafile.

For SPECT, you can find the complete description in Table 5, section 6.2.2, page 35 of the current documentation.

Beware that scatter correction should be provided as a rate, i.e. counts per seconds. If you directly input the number of scattered counts of your simulation and if your simulation is longer than 1 seconds, it will completely overestimate the scatter correction and will likely result in an empty image.

Finally, the scatter rates in CASToR are used to be added to the forward model in the reconstruction, so it is supposed that this quantity is free of noise. If you have much noise in your simulations, you may smooth the scatter window projection before using it as the scatter correction rates. Otherwise, you can simply remove the number of scatter counts from the prompts, but it will result in positive bias in your images.

Hope this helps !

Best

Simon