[Castor-users] [Castor--users] image reconstruction using GATE simulation data for attenuation and normalization correction

tmerlin Thibaut.Merlin at univ-brest.fr
Mon Jan 28 19:43:21 CET 2019

Dear Yeongkyeong,

Regarding attenuation correction, you should provide an attenuation
image (interfile format) of the jaszczak phantom in cm-1 unit to the
/castor-recon/ executable (assuming your GATE data has been converted to
list-mode, which is selected by default for data converted from GATE).
Note that the conversion utility (/castor-GATERootToCastor/) also
contains an /-atn/ option, which is only to use if you want an histogram
dataset.

There is currently no tools to automatically compute normalization
correction factors. You could generate a normalization datafile (see the
documentation
<http://www.castor-project.org/sites/default/files/2018-11/CASToR_general_documentation.pdf>,
section 6.1.2) for your GATE data using this kind of method:
https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/6153804. Alternatively, you could
directly generate a sensitivity image containing normalization
corrections using a GATE simulation of an uniform object spanning the
whole field of view of your system. Then, you provide this image to
/castor-recon/ using /-sens//path/to/your_sensitivity_image.hdr/ to
bypass the sensitivity image generation step and use your image
instead). However, this approach should be less accurate.

Finally the error you get means the code can't find the scanner
repository, which is apparently located at
//GATE/castor_v.2.0.2///castor_v2.0.2/config/scanner /in your system.
You should check if the path is correct (no typo?).
//

Hope this helps!

Best regards,

Thibaut

--
Thibaut MERLIN -- PhD

Docteur en Imagerie Médicale au Laboratoire de Traitement de l'Information Medicale (LaTIM - INSERM UMR 1101)
Bâtiment 1
CHRU Morvan - 2, Av. Foch
29609 Brest CEDEX - FRANCE
Tel: 06.75.12.24.90